Updated April 16th, 2021
Effective April 9th, 2021
Amended NM Public Health Order Click HERE
What this means for your planned visit to us
- Hotels are able to stay open at 40% occupancy if they have completed the NM Safe Program. The Austing Haus has completed this program so we are open at 40% capacity.
- Our staff at the hotel are all live in so we are all abiding by the stay at home orders. This means that we will have limited in person contact with guests. We have contactless check-in and check-out procedures in place.
- Dining room status will be updated based on COVID restrictions and a limited breakfast menu will be offered.
- Taos Ski Valley have delayed opening till 16th December.
- Visiting guests from high risk states are required to quarantine for 14 days OR the duration of their stay, whichever is shorter and only leave for necessities, medications, food etc. We are urging all our guests to please follow the NM State Guidelines to help us slow the spread here. For full details visit: cv.nmhealth.org/travel-recommendations
What we are offering at the hotel
- This season we are offering a limited breakfast depending on COVID restrictions.
Non Contact Check in
We all live onsite at the hotel so you are just a call away if you need any help or have questions.
Getting Here – Please visit this page for driving instructions on how to get here. https://theaustinghaus.com/getting-here/
To check in – Please enter the main entrance doors and look right. On the office shutters will be arrival envelopes with your name printed on the front, your room number and directions to your room. All rooms 101-111 & 123 are on the ground floor. All rooms 112-122 are on the upper floor. The key inside will open the door. You have fully paid your reservation before you check in so there is no need for additional information or credentials from you.
To check out – On the shutters of the office is a tin key drop. Please drop your keys in the key drop on your departure. We will email you a receipt after your departure.
Room Details – In your room there is a QR code (looks like a square bar code) Use your smartphone to take a photo of the QR code. Your device will divert directly to a link of a webpage. On this page are all of the details you need for the hotel to include TV, WiFi, Phone, Room Service etc. We will also send you this code in advance so you can orientate before arrival.
Room Servicing & Needs – Under NM Covid Safe practices we are prohibited from entering your rooms during your stay. We do not service rooms during your stay. If you need extra towels please call extension 1000 and we will bring you up extra towels. Mesh laundry bags for your used towels are in your room. Please put your used towels in the bag and place the bag outside your door. If you have trash you would like removed please place the trash in the bin liner in the bins placed in the hallways. There are extra bin liners in your waste baskets. For extra toiletries please call extension 1000
The Dining Room – Dining room status will be updated based on COVID restrictions and a limited breakfast menu will be offered.
We do ask that all guests still coming to the hotel please respect the guidelines we are following.
If we as a business are found to have violated the Public Health Emergency Response Act a fine of up to $5,000 per day will be enforced.
Thank you for understanding and helping us to also get through these challenging times as a business. Although we are doing all measures to keep our staff and you as guests safe we are going all out to make your stay as memorable as possible!
Taos Ski Valley Mountain Updates for this Season
Projected Opening Day: Dec 16, 2020
At this point in time the mountain has set limits to 25% uphill capacity of skiers and riders. This will allow you to physically distance while still enjoying an adventurous day on the mountain. Skiing and riding is encouraged on weekdays, which are typically less crowded than the weekends. The mountain will continuously monitor all guidelines and the effect of the coronavirus on the community, and may adjust any aspect of our business operations at any time in response.
PLAN YOUR TRIP
FOLLOW NEW MEXICO CSPS
We’re looking forward to our guests continuing cooperation with all COVID-Safe Practices. This includes wearing masks for any person over the age of 3, maintaining a six-foot distance, and avoiding gatherings of more than five people.